Sunday, August 16, 2009

Random projects

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew;
especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts
than while so occupied.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Here are some pictures of some of the projects I've done in the last few months.


My first sewing project on my Mom's machine, curtains for my kitchen:


A skirt for maternity pictures, Maddie had a matching top:


Little boy burp cloths for James, please ignore the staining on my computer chair where Maddie has emptied out her bottle a few times:


Mother's Day apron, made one for my Mom and for Grammy, I love the bright, cheery fabric:

front view
back view

The only place where housework comes
before needlework is in the dictionary.
- Mary Kurtz



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!