Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Maddie's birthday party - part one!

My little Miss Maddie turned two yesterday, and on Sunday she had a My Friends Tigger and Pooh Birthday party! We had a grand old time. Right before the party she tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and took a header into the open car / car door jamb and ended up with a spectacular shiner. We got to go hang out at the ER for awhile, thank God Auntie Liz and Danny came to help corral the babies because I was there by myelf with two rambunctious convicts intent on escaping. Luckily it was ruled just a bad bruise.

I made Maddie a Winnie-the-Pooh birthday skirt from some blue Pooh fabric she had picked out and some yellow bumble bee fabric I got in the Sew Mama Sew! FQ swap from a lovely lady named Kristin. I probably should have tucked her skirt in so the waist showed better, but here is Maddie modeling her Pooh Bear Birthday skirt. For the record her shirt was just plain yellow when it started out, but at the end of the day it looked like a stain remover before picture - strawberries, tomatoes, green frosting . . . you name it she had it on herself!
She had a blast! I tossed the skirt and the shirt in the wash right after the party because they were so wrecked! Sign of good party I say! I will be posting some pictures of all of the other fun things at the party soon!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!