Monday, June 7, 2010

Sneak Peak

We got the kid's pictures taken this weekend by the lovely Marisa of MP Photo. The photos were shot on location at the Americana at Brand in Glendale. It was gorgeous, almost too gorgeous, it had a very Truman Show-esque feel to it, especially as we started taking pictures before the stores were open. Maddie was obsessed with the water fountain and was a little bit on the wild side. She didn't want to sit or pose for pictures with her brother, but was much more interested in exploring, climbing things, and making new friends.

We will get the pictures in a few weeks, but for fun I thought I'd share a picture of these cute leg warmers I made Maddie from the tutorial at Sew Much Ado.


They're made from women's knee socks, I got 2 pairs at Target for $2 each, an argyle and these stripes. I ended up going with the stripes for the pictures and Maddie loves them so much I think I will whip her up the argyle ones as well. The go really well with all the little 80s shorts she got from Auntie Liz for her birthday. The polka dot ballet flats were a last minute purchase from Walmart for $3! How do you pass up $3 shoes?

Maddie's was all 80s-ed out for the photos, but James played it a little more cool in some dark wash jeans and a white tee - both in a size 2T, good Lord! Here are a few shots off Ed's iPhone of James relaxing while poor Marisa chased after Maddie. Jamie is a photographer's dream, he smiles and poses and is a one take wonder.




We also took some shots in their matching Angels t-shirts, in which they looked insanely adorable. Maddie showed of her throwing and catching skills, which are frighteningly good for a 2 year old.

I can't wait to see what the pictures look like! If you are in the Los Angeles area I highly recommend Marisa, she was a pleasure to work with.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are soo stinking cute!!! My son takes pics like that too for the most part:) Great isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm sure the photos will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!