Friday, November 5, 2010

Church Nursery Redux - Part the First


Let me introduce you to our church nursery . . .



Actually, this is only the "toddler" portion of the church nursery. It actually consists of this toddler nursery, a baby nursery (which is rarely used), a bathroom (located between the two nursery rooms) and a cry room which is upstairs in the "choir loft" section of the sanctuary. All of these areas fall under my jurisdiction as "Nursery Coordinator." Nursery Coordinator is basically a fancy title for "she who does the nursery schedule."




What seems like ages ago I submitted a proposal to the property committee to update the decor in the nurseries and cry room. These little bears are cute, but they are a bit stuck in 1993. We finally got approved, and have money in hand, so we have started work!



Unfortunately, when the wallpaper got steamed off, it revealed some problems with the dry wall, so we are on hold while we get the toddler nursery re-plastered. I am excited by the designs I have planned (working with that purple carpet is kind of a fun design challenge!), and I hope I will be able to share some awesome pictures with you soon!


2 comments:

  1. Already a BIG improvement! That wallpaper had to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with it - can't wait to see what you come up with! Have you seen what Dana has done with her daughter's bedroom over at www.dana-made-it.com - one very inspiring lady.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!