Monday, September 26, 2011

Nothing Says NaNoWriMo Like Moving House

I'm super committed to NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) this year. I fizzled last year, having written something sad and pitiful like 4,615 words of Awake (quality, not quantity, people!) but I have redeemed myself by actually finishing the sucker once we moved here to Montana.

So, guess what I am doing November 1st? Kicking off NaNoWriMo here and on Indie Jane . . . aaaaand MOVING! Yes!

We are moving from our condo to a house. Still renting, but the exciting things are:


a) it's cheaper . . . mind-blowing.
b) it's bigger, although same number of bedrooms and only one bath, the downstairs is bigger than our whole condo.
c) it's got a yard, and that yard is FENCED.
d) we can paint the walls . . . pause for happy dance.

The cons are:

a) it's a WHOLE LOTTA work to move.

So wish me luck as I'm writing, editing, and packing like a mad woman this coming month. Only to be writing and unpacking like a mad woman in November! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, oh man! I wish you the BEST of LUCK! I don't know how you do it. I would be screaming under all that pressure. But that said, YOU GO GIRL! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy stole my line! However, I think I can still say it too... YOU GO, GIRL!!

    Seriously, who was it who said that if you want something done, give it to a busy person to do? I'm sure you'll rock the moving just like you do everything else.

    And if you start to stress, I know someone who's great at making hour by hour schedules that ensure everything gets done... *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried NaNoWriMo once, and fizzled out terribly! My younger daughter has finished at least a couple of times, and I am SO impressed! I will be rooting for your success. Congrats on a bigger, cheaper place to live, with a yard, AND with permission to paint! Sure hope that you take lots of pics as I would love to live through that excitment vicariously, and betcha others would too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!