Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A purse for my Mom

As a Christmas present for my Mom I made my first purse using the pattern for the Phoebe bag from Rebeka Lambert at artsycraftybabe.  I had no ink in my printer to print the pattern, but luckily Ed has a huge screen on his imac (24 inches!) so I sized the pattern on the screen to 8 1/2 by 11 and traced it.  Clever, clever me . . .



Here it is hanging on my sewing chair


The inside of the bag, with a pocket.

Inside seams, I am actually really proud that I managed this step right the first time. 

So, yay for me that I managed to get it finished in time to mail for Christmas, so glad it got there in time!  I think that the exterior fabric is awesome because it's adult enough to use for everyday and then the interior fabric is lots of fun with the butterflies.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. What a beautiful purse! Well done! I just got your comment on my blog about Mike W. Thank you! My son enjoyed making that together. We seem to be on the same wavelength, you and I. I just started pulling together pictures of the purse I made for my-sister-in law for Christmas to put on my blog. Keep up the good work. I love that you traced the pattern from your husband's computer!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!