Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A rose by any other name . . .

We rejoice and delight in you;
we will praise your love more than wine.
Song of Solomon 1:4(b)

Last week my good friend Sarah (a.k.a. Sarey) married the love of her life Joshua (a.k.a. Rocko) in a very rock 'n roll wedding. I was blessed to be a part of their wedding as both a bridesmaid and as a "florist" (in quotes because this is my first time even attempting bouquets, let alone 7 of them plus boutonnieres and table arrangements!) The wedding was in a sort of warehouse type space near downtown Los Angeles. We honestly ran out of time (many, many thanks to my co-florists Raymond and Melinda) but thankfully the bouquets got made - complete with feathers . . . the boutonnieres didn't fall apart (Melinda really rocked the boutonnieres in addition to talking me down off the ledge several times during the day) and enough arrangements got finished to make the space look beautiful - all thanks to Raymond the biggest superstar ever! Not only did Ray provide my transportation, he also procured the bridal runner, white roses, and so many other items it would take me hours to list. He also put the feathers on the bouquets!

Here are some pictures I've snagged off my friend's facebook pages as my camera battery died near the end of the reception and I haven't bought another yet.


Sarey and Rocko's first dance, you can see a gorgeous purple rose and sparkly "iced" curly willow center piece


Sarey, the gorgeous bride with her bouquet. I will hopefully get a nice up close pic of the bouquet off my camera . . . it includes (I think! I lost count) about 26 or so purple roses, 8 or so white roses, white ostrich feathers and lighlty "iced" curly willow.


The bridesmaids . . . our bouquets have a dozen purple roses, sparkly silver twigs, and black feathers and are wrapped with purple ribbon. The only thing I would do differently in the future is cut those stems a lot shorter!


Raymond (co-florist extraodinaire) modeling a purple rose boutonniere and Sarey.

And as an added bonus here is an iphone shot of the guestbook I made as my wedding present for Sarey and Rocko (their invitation theme was "Sarey and Rocko Getting Married"):


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

    Yes, I am a huge LMM fan! I have a lot of vintage editions of her books and there are posts scattered throughout my blog with pictures of them. Thanks for becoming a follower too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!