Monday, August 30, 2010

A Present a Week {'Til Christmas}

Ok, you may be thinking, Christmas . . . what? But I am telling you people it is closer than you think! There are 17 weeks until Christmas! 17 weeks may sound like a lot, but it isn't really, it goes so, so, so fast!


Deb over at Works in Progress is doing an awesome um, what would youc all it? sew-along? craft-along? present-along, called a Present a Week 'Til Christmas. This is week 8, but you can jump in at any time, and you don't have to do a present a week, it can be a present every two weeks, or whatever you can manage.


You can follow along here . . . and if you post your projects on Sundays you will be entered to win a 1/2 metre of fabric from Deb!







I have been working on my sewing list . . . I also have several projects that are pending, so I have to add those to my to do list as well!



Also, way too many people I would be making gifts for read this blog. So I am going to be posting only my list for the kiddos!


Both Maddie and James:


Christmas stockings

(still owed from last year)


Christmas scarves

(pre-Christmas deadline so they can wear for pictures with Santa etc.)


Special Christmas quilts


Maddie:


Coca-Cola Skirt

(still pending from last year as well!)


Pooh Bear scarf


Pooh bear zippy pouch / purse for her figurines


James:

"Wheels" scarf


Hat


Boy zippy bag

(he likes holding mine when we go to the store)


So here is a little sneak peak of something I am working on to complete my list, there are actually multiples of these being made for people other than James, but he was my test subject.









Look at that little chubby hand, I love it!


Something that is really going to help me in getting all my little lovelies sewn is my brand new sewing machine! Oh yes! That is right! I ordered myself a gorgeous new machine and it shipped today!


:::happy dance::: :::happydance:::


I can't wait to share it with you all when I get it! I am going to be such a happy little sewer, I am going to have to be ripped away from it to eat, work, sleep, etc. And omg, did I tell you I got liek 7 extra feet? All the quilting feet my little heart could desire? I can barely breathe!


PS: Don't forget to enter the Nicey Jane giveaway, it ends tomorrow!! I am so excited by all you new followers I've bribed into being friends with me ;)




3 comments:

  1. That scarf looks so cute!
    Good luck with all the sewing.
    A present a week! Insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new machine! That's what got me into quilting. My old machine died and my husband surprised me with a newer fancier machine so I'm determined to use it as much as possible.

    I'm with you on Christmas. It's coming very quickly! I hope to make a lot of the gifts this year so I'm already feeling rushed.

    (P.S. Feel free to stop by my blog. I'm having a Layer Cake Giveaway going till Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cool idea making scarves for kids. Of course Christmas is in Summer here (first day of spring today) so not on the pressie list in my part of the world, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!