Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let us encourage one another

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another — and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:25

Today is National Encouragement Day and I was honored to receive a pack of Hope and Encouragement greeting cards from Dayspring to use to encourage women in my life.


I was able to send 9 out of the 10 cards this week. Some of the cards went to women who are my close friends, others went to women who, honestly, may be surprised to receive a card from me. I am sure that is more my failing than theirs.

The cards were absolutely beautiful, and I was thrilled to have the opportunity to use them.

The women I sent them to are as varied as the cards themselves - a friend, a mother, a cousin, a college student, a warrior against cancer, a woman who is helping reach her peers for Christ, a woman whose husband happens to be a pastor (I have such an aversion to the term pastor's wife - as if that is all the identity a woman has), and women who are just trying to make life the best they can everyday.

As I sent out these cards I realized that I am privileged to know each of them.

I hope that you take the time today, and throughout the week, to encourage someone in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Really great idea and thanks for posting this Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!